Now, more than ever, is an ideal time. EIT Food creates a network of women leaders who wish to drive change, innovation and sustainability within the food sector as we face supply chain challenges. All you need to be is a woman who is passionate and committed about driving change within the food sector.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all places have been filled.
A recent report by McKinsey entitled Women in Food has highlighted that while the food sector employs around 49% women at entry levels, in the upper levels these numbers drop to as low as 9%. The reasons are many and complex but some key ones identified in the report and through the work of the WE Lead partners are:
1. Less women then men feel that entrepreneurial leadership is for them
2. Lack of manager support
3. Significant systemic commitment to gender and diversity matters within organisations
4. Explicit and implicit signalling about privileged leadership stereotypes
5. Ineffective, or worse, undermining communications about gender matters
- Those who identify as women
- Have a passion and commitment to drive the transformation a more sustainable food system
- Currently in, or have been in, a leadership position in the food system
- All discipline backgrounds welcome
- Research, Business, Policy, Civil Society members welcome